There are many reasons why organizations today make establishment of a diverse board a priority, yet find follow-through frustrating. Identifying qualified candidates who are interested in the mission and willing to invest their time is the first challenge. The second is creating an environment where all board members feel welcomed and engaged as full governance participants.
This seminar will:
- Clarify the difference between "diversity" and "inclusiveness"
- Present the business case for diversity
- Share perspectives from three panelists on their board experiences; what they found to be welcoming; what they considered difficult; and how boards can increase cultural competency
- Give you the opportunity to ask questions and exchange ideas with your colleagues from other organizations
- Provide resources to help diversify boards
Registration deadline is Tuesday, March 18. To register, please email email@example.com or click the link to the right. You can also call 585-899-3769 to reserve a spot at the seminar.
This event will be held on the campus of St. John Fisher College - 3690 East Avenue, Rochester, NY 14618.
Seminar is 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and is $50/per person, which includes a continental breakfast.
Recruiting and Engaging a Diverse Board -- March 25, 2014 (8 a.m. to noon)
You can register online to request a spot be held at an event.
Registration payment can be done via check or via MasterCard or Visa card (over the phone only).