Date: Thursday, April 3, 2014
Presenter: Dan Meyers, President, Al Sigl Community of Agencies
Intended Audience: This workshop is for board leaders, especially development chairs, and executive staff
The importance of developing and executing a strategy for creating capital, both from internally-generated operating surpluses and fundraising efforts, will be addressed. As part of this discussion, the role of the board and individual board members in fundraising – both annual and endowment giving – will be explored. Also, the general strategies for managing endowment investments will be outlined. Topics will include:
- Board members and other volunteers as fundraisers
- Roles of board leadership vs. staff
- Some can’t, some won’t – matching the right volunteer with the job
- Giving volunteers the tools they need
- Special fundraising activities, e.g., annual giving, endowment
- Communications strategies and support
- Developing annual and long range plans
- Monitoring, assessing, and improving performance
- When is a consultant appropriate?
To register, please email email@example.com or register via the link on the right side of this page. You can also call 585-899-3769 to reserve a spot at the workshop. Workshop takes place on the campus of St. John Fisher College - 3690 East Avenue, Rochester, NY 14618.
$40/per person, which includes a continental breakfast. Free parking.
Fundraising: A Development Primer for Boards
You can register online to request a spot be held at an event.
Registration payment can be done via check or via MasterCard or Visa card (over the phone only).